Meeting point: Litochoro
- Meeting on Friday at 5:00 pm in Litochoro (possibility of meeting also at Litochoro station for those coming by train).
- Transportation by mountain jeeps to the location of Gortsia (1100m.) (14 km far from Litochoro).
- At 7:00 in the afternoon, we begin the 3-hour climb to the Petrostruga refuge at 2000 meters altitude. This is followed by an overnight stay in the refuge or in mountain tents if no beds are available.
- We have breakfast at 7:00 to 7:30 and at 8:00, we begin the ascent to the location "Oropedio Mouson" (Muse Plateau) (duration of approx. 4 hours).
- We rest at the refuge Christos Kakkalos and we continue our adventurous escape with a further ascent to "Toumba" and "Prophitis Ilias" peaks. Alternatively, for those of the group who wish and are able to handle the challenge, there will be an ascent to the two highest summits of Olympus, "Mytikas" and "Stefani" (Throne of Zeus). This climb requires good physical condition, basic mountaineering knowledge and is only undertaken weather permitting. In addition, an experienced mountain guide and the necessary equipment (helmet, belt, safety materials) are provided.
- We return to Muse Plateau late in the afternoon for an overnight stay at the refuge or in the tents.
- On Sunday morning, following the "Kofto" path, we reach the Spilios Agapitos refuge in two hours. We have a quick stop to rest and continue the descent to Prionia. There, we also have the possibility to enjoy food/coffee at the picturesque tavern of Kyritsis.
- In the afternoon, we return to Litochoro by mountain jeeps.
-Backpack 45lt approx.
-Waterproof - Windproof jacket
-Cap and sunscreen
-Winter hat and gloves
-Water in a flask or plastic bottle for the journey
-Sleeping bag for -2 degrees at least (if the night is spent in a tent)
-Personal clothing (shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear) and extra winter jacket and long pants, isothermics-thermal clothing and fleece for the night (temperatures at night drop below 0 degrees)
If you do not have any of the above, please let us know in advance as it is possible to borrow equipment and clothing.
Food will be provided in the refuges.
Price: 90 EUR/person
For the ascent to Mytikas or Stefani summits there is an additional cost of 50 EUR/person.
The price includes experienced guides for the ascent, jeep transfers and overnight accommodation in the mountain tents.
The price does not include food and overnight stay in the refuges.